DUBLIN, May 1, 2020 — The “Gaming Software (COVID-19 Impact) – Thematic Research” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report discusses the impact of the COVID-19 virus on leading companies in the gaming software sector. If this topic is of interest then you can also signup online
- In the short-term, COVID-19 might have a positive impact on the gaming sector, as people forced to stay at home look for ways to entertain themselves.
- The 39% increase in global mobile game downloads recorded in February 2020 by app analytics firm Sensor Tower was largely attributed to the lockdown imposed in China.
- Popular title Honor of Kings, published by Tencent Games, hit an all-time high for daily average users during the last week of January 2020. As well as more downloads, game publishers are reporting an increase in revenue from in-game purchases, which they are also attributing to global restrictions on movement.
- However, the medium to long-term picture may not be so rosy. Several major trade events in the industry’s calendar – including E3, the year’s biggest gaming show which normally takes place in June – have been canceled.
- These trade events are vital to the industry as they are where new consoles and games are launched, and ground-breaking partnerships are announced.
Scope of the report:
- This report analyzes the impact of COVID-19 on the global gaming software sector.
- It identifies those companies that may benefit from the impact of COVID-19 over a 12-month period, as well as those companies that will lose out.
- It includes a thematic screen, that ranks the leading companies in this sector on the basis of overall leadership in the 10 themes that matter most to their industry, including COVID-19. This generates a leading indicator of future performance.
Key report benefits:
- COVID-19 is by far the most significant theme to affect the industry in 2020. It is effectively a stress test on companies’ ability to cope with extreme shocks.
- COVID-19 will test the financial robustness of companies. Many companies will not survive this initial phase. Almost all others will suffer a significant drop in revenues.
- This report will help you understand the impact of COVID-19 on the gaming software sector and identify which types of companies could potentially benefit from the impact of COVID-19, as well as those businesses that are set to lose out.
Key Topics Covered:
- COVID-19 is Now a Major Theme for 2020
- COVID-19 Impact on Gaming Software
- Gaming Software Sector Scorecard
- Thematic Briefing
- Appendix: Thematic Research Methodology
- Epic Games
- Valve Corp
- Activision Blizzard
- GungHo Online
- Electronic Arts
- Square Enix
- Take-Two Interactive
- Bandai Namco
- Glu Mobile
- Sega Sammy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gp5q37
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.