Keynote Speakers Announced for 5th Global 5G Event Early Bird Registration Deadline on February 16
Among the growing list of speakers are the world’s leading operators, senior executives of international telecom companies, government regulators and policy makers, professors of science and technology, and 5G associations.
“We are at a turning point in the timeline of global 5G development and the goal of the 5G New Horizons event is to share knowledge of the real-life trials currently underway for our connected future,” Chris Pearson, President of the host association, 5G Americas commented. “For one of the first times in the Americas, many of the key global innovators – from academia, government and industry — are gathering for a public symposium to share, educate and offer discourse on 5G progress, development and future vision.”
Keynote presenters include:
- Importance of 5G Networks: Vision of the 5G Future – Dr. Ron Marquardt, VP of Technology, Sprint
- Preparing for 5G: NFV, SDN and Multi-Access Edge Computing – Caroline Chan, VP Data Center Group & GM of 5G Infrastructure, Intel
- 5G Trials: Lessons Learned for Delivering Next Generation Services – Dave Wolter, AVP Radio Technology & Strategy, AT&T Labs
- The Standardization of 5G: Implications of Evolving from 3GPP Release 13 to Release 16 – Erik Ekudden, CTO, Ericsson
- Operator perspectives on The PyeongChang 5G Experience (5G Forum – South Korea) and Preparing Tokyo for 5G (5GMF – Japan)
- Global Operator Viewpoints: Regional Visions of the 5G Network – Mr. Fengyi Wang, VP China Telecom Technology Innovation Center and Luciano Leonel Mendes, Research Coordinator of Radiocommunication Reference Center at Inatel and 5G Brazil Project
- 5G Trials and Pre-Commercial Launches: Concrete Results ad Lessons Learned – Brian O’Shaughnessy, SVP & CTO Converged Network, Shaw Communications and Dr. Chih-Lin I, Chief Scientist, China Mobile
- 5G Services and Use Cases: The Future of High Speed, Low Latency, Large Capacity Networks and the Massive IoT – Dr. Yingmin Wang, Chief Scientist & CTO, Datang Telecom Group and Arunabha Ghosh, Director Access Architecture and Analytics, AT&T
Registration is open for the limited capacity 5th Global 5G Event co-located with both 5G North America and BCE at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas from May 16-17, 2018. Early-bird $499 discounted registration is offered through February 16, 2018.
The Global 5G Event is where the world’s leading 5G organizations discuss the latest research and development achievements and views on 5G technologies, spectrum, standardization, field trials, applications, the future roadmap and global collaboration. The series of events is based on a multi-lateral Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate on building global consensus on 5G with the world’s 5G promotion organizations: 5G Americas (Americas), the Fifth Generation Mobile Communications Promotion Forum (5GMF, Japan), 5G Forum (Republic of Korea), IMT-2020 (5G) Promotion Group (China), 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA, Europe) and Telebrasil – 5G Brazil Project (Brazil).