DALLAS–OpenKey, the industry standard for mobile key access, today announced the release of the OpenKey mobile app Version 2.0, which adds five new features and several enhancements.
.@OpenKeyApp today announced the release of the OpenKey mobile app Version 2.0, which adds five new features
OpenKey’s original app Version 1.0 launched last year with a simple user design and one main feature – opening a hotel room door. While this feature remains the main focus, users can now do more with these added capabilities:
- Profiles: guests profile allows users to easily manage the check-in process and receive their digital key via mobile app.
- Call the Front Desk: guests can call the front desk from their Room Informational Screen with the tap of a button.
- Estimated Time of Arrival: guests can now download the app before arriving, choose the hotel they have booked, and send the front desk their ETA. This will simplify ‘late check-ins’ for guests and enables the hotel to assign a room number before a guest arrives.
- ID Captures: guests can now process a secured ID capture. This helps the front desk confirm the guest’s identity and helps with hotel security.
- Arrival (Digital Access System): This allows a front desk agent to manage the ETA guest.
“The expansion of features we are able to now offer with this version of the OpenKey app will help make traveling easier and smarter,” said Jon Alsup, Lead Project Manager at OpenKey. “Our technology was developed specifically to make the travel experience simpler. Having an app that helps manage the check-in process and provide mobile access is what OpenKey 2.0 is intended to accomplish.”
“As the leader in universal mobile key access, OpenKey is proud to be providing our customers and partners the best technology, features and enhancements for a unique, stress-free experience,” said Brian Shedd, vice president of sales and marketing. “The ability to provide hotels and their guests a new and improved customer engagement is critical in today’s competitive market.”
Founded in 2014, OpenKey is reinventing the hospitality experience through its mobile access solution. The OpenKey app is the industry standard for universal mobile key technology and works with the majority of digital hotel locks. Hotels and their guests benefit from OpenKey’s platform providing efficiency, easy guest access, and paired with existing hotel mobile offerings. OpenKey is a privately held company located in Plano, Texas. The company has been funded by 12 of the largest hotel ownership and management companies in the world. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices. For more information, please visit www.openkey.co.