As One of the Most Powerful Automotive Entertainment Companies in the World, Pioneer Demonstrates Advanced Automotive Technologies Essential for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Autonomous Driving
LAS VEGAS- CES BOOTH #1102 – Pioneer reveals its vision for the future of in-vehicle entertainment at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). As a trusted OEM supplier for more than 40 years and as a leader in aftermarket connected car solutions, Pioneer today unveils its advanced automotive technologies that can be integrated into the next evolution of the industry to support Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous driving, and other vehicle systems. Demonstrations will include an In-Vehicle Contextual Awareness Cockpit with Vehicle-to-Pedestrian Communication and Laser Head-up Display (HUD), as well as 3D Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) system for vehicles.
Pioneer unveils vision for the future of in-vehicle entertainment, including ADAS and autonomous driving #CES2016
CES 2016 also marks the first time Pioneer is bringing its aftermarket and automotive OEM solutions together. Show attendees will have access to never-before-seen technologies that are ideal for the driver and the vehicle, both now and in the future. Pioneer’s long-standing expertise in optical and navigation technologies, probe data collection, cloud platforms and map creation capabilities provides the foundation and engineering knowledge necessary to develop technologies that are essential to the future of automated driving and in-vehicle entertainment.
“As the market for automated driving and the need for increased driver safety progress over the next few years, Pioneer’s technologies will be essential to their evolution. Our engineering leadership stems from Pioneer’s unique position as a company with deep roots in both aftermarket and automotive OEM development. We will continue to provide first-to-market solutions for the aftermarket and be a trusted supplier for our automotive customers as these categories take shape,” said Russ Johnston, executive vice president of marketing and corporate communications for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
Visitors to the Pioneer booth will experience demonstrations and interact with cutting-edge technologies under development that support the future of the automobile, including:
- In-Vehicle Contextual Awareness Cockpit
A conceptual simulated driving demonstration of ADAS
- V2P (Vehicle to Pedestrian) Communication
- Driving Lane Detection
- AUI (Auditory User Interface)
- Fragrance UI / Bio-sensing system
- Laser Head-up Display (HUD)
- Context-Awareness Engine
- Onboard Cameras
- Technologies for Automated Driving
- High-performance, low-cost 3D LiDAR system for vehicles
- High-precision vehicle location technology
- Low-cost and highly efficient advanced mapping
- Head-up Display (HUD)
- Center High Mount Stop Lamp using Transparent Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)The aftermarket car electronics division has developed a reputation for its ability to identify and apply consumer trends to the in-vehicle environment. Aftermarket has answered consumer demand with a consistent flow of first-to-market technologies including digital audio, GPS, satellite radio, Bluetooth® and most recently smartphone connectivity, with the addition of Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ functionality on the NEX in-dash receivers. The OEM (original equipment manufacturer) division uses aftermarket as the proving ground to validate and supply insight into new technologies. As a result, Pioneer is able to offer automakers a fundamental knowledge of consumer trends, aftermarket requirements and first-to-market solutions. The aftermarket global reach of the Pioneer brand also helps to provide a clear voice of the consumer from different countries around the world to Pioneer’s automotive customers. Pioneer’s OEM division has positioned itself as a trusted Tier 1 supplier to automakers for over 40 years, maintaining longstanding relationships with well-respected and popular global automotive brands. To meet the quantity and quality demands of auto manufacturers, the OEM industry has rigorous design standards and production quality requirements with the highest regard to precision. Pioneer prides itself on building superior products that meet these standards and boasts a long history of supplier quality awards from its customers for its efforts, both in the OEM and aftermarket industries.“Pioneer’s ability to identify both consumer and automotive trends and manufacture products to meet the specifications of both aftermarket and automotive customers makes us the ideal brand for drivers, auto manufacturers and retailers. We’re excited to show our engineering power and capabilities at this year’s CES, as well as involve some of our long-standing and most valued customers,” added Johnston. To check out all of Pioneer’s technology demonstrations and new products, please visit Pioneer in the North Hall of the Convention Center, booth #1102.