Newest article on PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit provides holiday eBook best practices
- Remember the purpose of your eBooks.
- Start with your value proposition and choose content relevant to your target market.
- Give yourself time to curate and create interesting content.
- Plan to publish well in advance of the holiday.
NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2015 – For self-published authors, the holidays can provide a strategic opportunity for your eBook marketing efforts. With the general population actively searching for unique items to complete their shopping lists, getting creative with your eBook marketing can prove to be the necessary step essential for successful downloads and increased sales.
Marketing Director for Pubsoft, Heather Wied discusses the benefits of a holiday eBook marketing strategy and provides best practices that can be incorporated long after the holidays have ended. In her most recent article on the PR Toolkit, “4 Tips for Creating Holiday eBooks to Boost your Small Business Content Marketing Strategy,” Wied has compiled the following tips:
- Purpose: While eBooks are a way to attract attention to your brand, when mapping out your strategy remember what their key purpose is. They provide a conduit for your audience to locate your brand and learn more information on your products and services. Keep content neutral, informative and provide an actionable next step.
- Value proposition. Wied suggests you wear your customer’s hat and ask questions that they would ask when looking for solutions. Incorporate that phrasing and terminology into the titles and themes for your eBook.
- Preparation. Since eBooks can have longer formats, they often require additional planning and preparation. Throughout your content creation process, reexamine older content and repurpose it if necessary. When creating new and original content, ensure that you are staying on topic. Starting months in advance can provide you the necessary time to create an exceptionally valuable end product.
For discussion on the remaining last step to creating a holiday eBook, read Wied’s complete article here.
PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content — from rich media to online video to multimedia — and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world’s largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company