Redfin Brings Progressive Real Estate Brokerage, Industry-Leading Website and Mobile Apps to the Piedmont Triad Region in North Carolina – Homebuyers and Sellers Can Now Work with Redfin Agents Who are Paid Based on Client Satisfaction
SEATTLE–Redfin (www.redfin.com), the next-generation real estate brokerage, today announced the debut of its home-buying and selling services in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad Region, including Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. In addition to working with local, Redfin-employed real estate agents, people can search Redfin.com and the Redfin iOS and Android apps for all the agent-listed homes for sale in the greater Triad region.
“We’re excited to join the real estate and tech communities in the Triad. I think people there will embrace our one-of-a-kind approach to real estate.”
“Since launching Redfin in Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham more than two years ago, we’ve learned that North Carolinians love our website, technology and working with our real estate agents,” said Julie McGee Sharpe, a Redfin North Carolina market manager. “We’re excited to join the real estate and tech communities in the Triad. I think people there will embrace our one-of-a-kind approach to real estate.”
Helping people buy and sell homes in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point is Redfin agent Tracy Edwards, who will also help grow the brokerage in the area. She comes to Redfin from Coldwell Banker’s local office.
Redfin began in Seattle in 2006 with the mission to reinvent real estate to benefit consumers. It has steadily expanded to more than 75 major U.S. cities. The Redfin model is different from traditional brokerages in how it combines its advanced technology with full-service agents who are paid a salary, receive benefits and earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. All reviews for every Redfin agent are published on their online profiles.
Because most of Redfin’s customers discover the company through its website, Redfin agents spend all their time working with existing clients and zero time looking for new business. As a result, Redfin operates very efficiently, and can pass along savings to its clients.
For buyers, Redfin refunds part of the buyer’s agent commission. For example, someone buying a $300,000 home in the Triad with a Redfin agent would receive a refund of over $1,300 at closing.
For sellers, Redfin agents charge a 1.5 percent listing fee rather than the typical 3 percent while providing the complete home-selling service, including pricing and staging advice as well as free professional photography and marketing. Someone selling a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent would save $4,500. To date, Redfin has saved its buying and selling customers more than $200 million in real estate fees.
With the arrival of Redfin comes a host of technology features that benefit both website users and brokerage clients:
- Book It Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: High-resolution, interactive views from every angle inside homes listed with a Redfin agent. (coming soon)
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Redfin Hot Homes: Proprietary algorithm that indicates which homes for sale are likely to sell within two weeks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Open Book: A resource for buyers and sellers that includes reviews of lenders, inspectors, title companies, handypeople and stagers, as well as feedback from Redfin agents.
Connect with Redfin