New Small Cell Products and Innovations Speed up Small Cell Installations, Improve Performance and Create New Managed Services Opportunities for Mobile Operators
SpiderCloud Wireless, Inc., the leading provider of scalable small cell systems, today announced the line up of innovations and new products that the company will showcase at Mobile World Congress (MWC’15) taking place March 2-5 in Barcelona, Spain.
“With these new 2015 products, SpiderCloud is raising the bar”
“With the success of our award-winning Dual-Band Radio Node, we continue to innovate to help our customers differentiate and win with small cell systems,” said Behrooz Parsay, vice president of engineering and operations with SpiderCloud Wireless. “GSMA’s MWC is the perfect conference for us to unveil new small cell products innovations and we look forward to a week of great customer and partner meetings.”
At this year’s MWC, SpiderCloud will showcase new products and innovations that include:
- Improved Performance for Coverage and Capacity
- Carrier Aggregation: New Dual-band radio nodes, designed to offer simultaneous 3G/LTE service or dual-carrier LTE service, are software upgradeable to support Carrier Aggregation with peak rates up to 300 Mbps.
- Pre and Post Installation Capabilities
- Radio Nodes with Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon, improve an already easy installation process, improve inventory management, and ease post-installation system maintenance, driving down the carrier’s total cost of ownership for large, scalable, indoor small cell deployments. Radio Nodes with integrated Bluetooth beacons works in conjunction with SpiderCloud’s award-winning E-RAN iOS and Android app.
- New Managed Services Opportunities
- Virtualized functions and hosted services on the Services Node. SpiderCloud will demonstrate enterprise-specific content filtering and group/individual policy examples with Intel Security. These policies make it possible for enterprise IT to deploy a high-capacity LTE system without compromising its acceptable use policies.
- New Radio Node with Low Energy Bluetooth beacons opens the door for localization and context services within large enterprise offices, malls and venues.
- Multi-Operator Support
- New dual-band LTE Radio Nodes can be shared by two operators via a software upgrade. Dual-band LTE radios support 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz channels, with peak rates of 150 Mbps per band, and VoLTE. Operators will have the option to share their dual-band SpiderCloud LTE system with partner operators (multi-operator RAN), while maintaining strict separation of traffic and services, through a software upgrade.
“With these new 2015 products, SpiderCloud is raising the bar,” said Amit Jain, vice president of product management. “Our focus is to support our customers’ immediate and future needs, with support for carrier aggregation, flexible radios, low-power Bluetooth, multi-operator RAN, and more.”
SpiderCloud Wireless has a new location at MWC’15. Meet the company at CS85, which is next to Hall 4 entrance to conferences and keynotes. SpiderCloud’s products are also on display at NEC’s booth in Hall 3 (3N10) and in the Small Cell Zone (7F61). To request a meeting, send an email to email@example.com
SpiderCloud executives are speaking at MWC’15.
- Tuesday at 1:30pm: Art King, director of enterprise technologies, presents “Case Studies” at Small Cell Zone in Hall 7 (7F61)
- Wednesday at 9:30am: Mike Gallagher CEO Interview with Mobile World Live TV
- Wednesday 11:00am: SpiderCloud and iBwave present “Streamlining Indoor Small Cells Planning” at Small Cell Forum booth (Hall 7, 7F61)
- Wednesday at 1:30pm: Art King, director of enterprise technologies, presents “Case Studies” at Small Cell Zone in Hall 7 (7F61)