Android app launch furthers Piccing’s commitment to make every item in an online image accessible and purchasable to consumers
Piccing (http://www.piccing.com), the next generation social-shopping platform, today announced it has surpassed a milestone of more than 50 million members, and simultaneously launched a new Piccing app for Android phones. Piccing enables consumers to “picc” an image, “picc” up to five items within the image, comparison shop “piccs” in real-time, and buy their “piccs” directly online. The Piccing platform has grown from six million members in January 2014 to more than 50 million members in just one year, a growth rate of more than 800 percent year-on-year. Piccing members have also picced and curated hundreds of millions of items, generating nearly 250 million click-outs to global e-commerce giants including MANGO, ShopBop, Tesco, Expedia, Wolford, Sony, and Zappos. The Piccing Android app is available for download on Google Play for smartphones running Android 4.0 or higher. A short video of how Piccing works can be viewed here.
According to the 2014 Mary Meeker Internet Trends report, more than 1.8 billion photos are uploaded to the Internet and shared every day. Piccing sits squarely in the “Internet Trifecta” of content, community and commerce, and is in a unique position to capitalize on that vast amount of rich shared content. It is the only platform that allows its users to picc multiple items from within an image, and then delivers the end result – the actual products – to the consumer at the best price.
“Our goal is to make every item in an online image accessible and purchasable to consumers, and we’re thrilled to see Piccing grow to such tremendous heights over the past year. Since the global launch of our iOS app in December, our fans have been very vocal in their request for a custom-designed Android app that allows them to experience Piccing on their mobile devices. We’re elated to give hundreds of millions of global Android users the opportunity to discover, picc, and shop anywhere they go,” said Dirk Spielmann, CEO and co-founder of Piccing.
The Piccing Android app enables members to:
- Upload and Share Images Instantly: Images can be uploaded and shared in real time on the Piccing platform. Whether it’s an image taken from a personal photo library, the Piccing image feed, or even taken in a user’s favorite store, images are automatically added and saved onto the member’s Piccing profile.
- Picc up to Five Items within an Image: Dying to get your hands on the shoes, sunglasses and skirt in one image? No problem! Piccing allows members to picc up to five images or products they love within one image.
- Create and Curate Collections. Piccing allows members to create and curate collections in a variety of categories including: women’s fashion, men’s fashion, accessories, travel and amazing places, home decor, gadgets and tech, health and fitness, gifts, food and drink, animals and pets, art and design, architecture, and more. These collections can be shared with the Piccing community, allowing other members to buy the picced items as well.
- Comparison Shopping at Their Fingertips. It’s important to not only find the right product for your taste, but to also find the right product for your price. Piccing gives members access to thousands of products at the same time, so they can compare and contrast brands, style, and cost right at their fingertips.
- Buy the Items They Want. Members who are ready to buy can click out directly to retailers to buy the items they want.
Piccing is currently partnered with 339 global brands including Nordstrom, MANGO, ShopBop, Expedia, Tesco, Sony, Swarovski, Zappos, Wolford, Benefit Cosmetics, Oakley, and offers consumers access to more than 10.4M products.
Consumers are passionate about brands and clamoring for new and easy ways to interact with them. Piccing fulfills this market need by creating a one-stop shop for consumers from discovery to sale, closing the loop and making it easy for consumers to purchase the products they want from the brands they love.
Piccing is the first lifestyle shopping experience built on a visually driven, social platform that enables users to access, engage with, and buy multiple items within an image. Our desktop and mobile applications are uniquely positioned to facilitate interactions between consumers, brands, and publishers – enabling content, community, and commerce through a single platform. Piccing allows members to upload any image, tag items within those images so they or others can buy the exact or similar items. Every online image can be turned into “advertising” space, exposing a brand to a new audience group, based on the trusted recommendation of the Piccing member.
Piccing is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, New York City, Zurich, Cape Town, and Hong Kong. Download the Piccing app for Android or iOS today. Read our blog, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, or learn more at http://www.piccing.com.