So, you may have heard about Google’s foray into the smartphone market and Project Tango. What is Tango exactly?? From Google… Our current prototype is a 5” phone containing customized hardware and software designed to track the full 3D motion of the device, while simultaneously creating a map of the environment. These sensors allow the phone to make over a quarter million 3D measurements every second, updating its position and orientation in real-time, combining that data into a single 3D model of the space around you. It runs Android and includes development APIs to provide position, orientation, and depth data to standard Android applications written in Java, C/C++, as well as the Unity Game Engine. These early prototypes, algorithms, and APIs are still in active development. So, these experimental devices are intended only for the adventurous and are not a final shipping product.
Home » Video – Google Project Tango – A smartphone that can map its surroundings in 3D
- Meet the BOLD N1, A New Flagship Smartphone Under $250
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max: the most powerful and advanced smartphones
- Apple introduces dual camera iPhone 11
- ZÚ partners with TELUS for the future of creativity
- DENSO, Creator of the QR Code, Reflects on the Technology’s Progress 25 Years After its Invention