So, you may have heard about Google’s foray into the smartphone market and Project Tango. What is Tango exactly?? From Google… Our current prototype is a 5” phone containing customized hardware and software designed to track the full 3D motion of the device, while simultaneously creating a map of the environment. These sensors allow the phone to make over a quarter million 3D measurements every second, updating its position and orientation in real-time, combining that data into a single 3D model of the space around you. It runs Android and includes development APIs to provide position, orientation, and depth data to standard Android applications written in Java, C/C++, as well as the Unity Game Engine. These early prototypes, algorithms, and APIs are still in active development. So, these experimental devices are intended only for the adventurous and are not a final shipping product.
You are here: / / Video – Google Project Tango – A smartphone that can map its surroundings in 3D
- Windows 10 All-In-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition FREE For a Limited Time
- Bitcoin Price Surges Ahead of Derivatives Launch
- Austin-based Explica rockets past 10 million users at record pace
- Top 10 Smartphones: Brought to you by LAPTOP
- Virgin Mobile USA Announces the Certified Pre-Loved iPhone Exclusively Available at VirginMobileUSA.com