Product Discovery Feature Helps Brands Reach Shoppers at the Right Time BERKELEY, Calif., Dec. 11, 2013 — Shopsync announced today a free shopping list application with location-based reminders that help users to more efficiently manage their household shopping list, simplifying grocery trips and ensuring users never forget to pick-up an item from the store.
A unique feature of the new Shopsync app is the ability to set reminders that alert users of items needed on their list while in the proximity of stores. In addition, once users enter a specific retail location, the app switches to an in-store view and lets the user know which products from their list are available at that retailer.
Shopsync users are able to “pre-shop” by exploring various brand options while building their lists. In addition to being an app that helps shoppers be more efficient and productive, Shopsync also helps brands reach grocery shoppers while they are compiling their lists via sponsored results at the point of product search. Three Twins Ice Cream, a leading organic ice cream brand, has signed on as a launch partner for the sponsored ad placement, so when a user adds ice cream to their shopping list, Three Twins Ice Cream will be the first brand available for selection.
Key Shopsync App Features Include:
- Smart item entry: Add items using “auto-complete.” A database of over 100,000 products makes it easy to locate a specific brand or browse to discover new products.
- Brand discovery and management: Browse products for desired brands and easily add important details, like item quantity and size (lbs, ounces, pints, etc.).
- Reminders: Shopsync alerts users when they are nearby a location that carries an item on their list, so shoppers are more productive with their time and don’t forget items.
- Store View: The shopping list automatically adjusts to show the items available at a retail store when the user is inside or nearby.
- List sharing: Easily share shopping lists by email or text message.
- Advanced customization: Easily add stores and customize reminders.
“Staying on top of all the groceries and household items that everyone in the family needs is a thankless job. Our goal with Shopsync is to enable users to easily create the perfect shopping list for their family and locate desired items at their favorite stores,” said Reza Shabani, co-founder of Shopsync. “We want shoppers to be more efficient, saving both time and money, and we want to help brands reach shoppers in a productive way.”
To learn more about the Shopsync app, please visit www.shopsync.com.
Shopsync is a free shopping list mobile application with location-based reminders. The mobile app not only provides the ability to easily create, manage and share shopping lists, but reminders that alert shoppers when products are available at nearby retail locations. Founded in 2012 by two PhDs from UC Berkeley who have used their expertise in big data analytics and next-generation location systems to build a powerful technology platform, combining retailer data with an advanced geo-location system that tracks and notifies shoppers at the perfect place and time without draining their battery. For more information, visit www.shopsync.com, follow @shopsync on Twitter or become a fan of Shopsync on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shopsync.